I was a recent Tenant of Morgan Properties Cedar Gardens in Baltimore Maryland.I had an incident where my ceiling in the main bathroom began to leak and mold.

Related: Morgan Properties - Soon to be old tenant

I called the rental office several times regarding this matter, in which they always sent someone out to paint over the leak instead of fixing the actual issue. One evening I went to take a shower and as I was getting in the shower the leak that dripped from my ceiling fell in face. I proceeded to shower and went to bed. The next morning I woke up with both eyes swelled completely shut.

I was then taken to the hospital where I was told I had a bacterial infection from whatever leaked from my ceiling into my eyes the night before. Of course after being treated and released from the hospital my first call was to the rental office to file an incident report and have them come and fix the problem right away. They were at my apartment right away to attempt to resolve the issue. I was told by the maintenance guy that the leak came from my neighbors above me toliet and it was SEWAGE water.

2 weeks after Maintenance left and called themselves fixing the issue with my ceiling and my eyes finally began to return to normal I noticed the ceiling begain to mold again. I then made the decision to move out immediately for me and my daughters health. Mold is an issue to be taken seriously especially with children. After a month or so I received a call from an Insurance Adjuster in reference to my claim that was submitted.

After a year and a half of negotiations with AIG insurance company I was told the firm settlement offer that Morgan Properties was willing to offer if I released them from all obligations was $3,400 and if I was not satisfied then I need to hire an Attorney. After I've had 2 weeks of loss wages, Injuries to both eyes, Medical bills, Storage, Relocation, and Moving Fees this is all I was offered and told to go on my way. To me that was a huge slap in the face. I haven't begin to express to Pain, Emotional, and Physical stress I have had to endure.

My storage and moving fees alone was $2,600. I was a tenant at this Apartment complex for 3 years. I have never been so upset, frustrated and disregarded before in my life. Is there anyone that can refer me to a good Attorney to help with this issue?

I have tried working with Morgan Properties on my own but this has gone beyond my capabilities.The last thing I wanted was to get tied up in a lawsuit but advisement from their insurance company this is the way I have to go.

Review about: Morgan Properties Cedar Gardens And Towers Apartments.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Morgan Properties?

Comments

"I woke up with both eyes swelled completely shut."

Are you sure your pimp didn't smack you?

Allie
to Anonymous Amsterdam, New York, United States #1087352

Yeah, because a smack leaves no bruising whatsoever. Please crawl back under your bridge you disgusting, subhuman trash.