3.8
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Oct 04

Issue was resolved. Kim had the leasing office contact me and discovered there was a glitch in the system that caused the high rent increase.

The extra charges were reversed and the shower was fixed so I now have warm water today shower with. I was so satisfied with the resolution that I signed a new lease for 14 months at a rate close to what I am currently paying for my unit.

Original review posted by user Sep 11

I have lived in Oak Grove Apartments and Townhouses for 4 years now and the rent increases have usually been pretty reasonable each year. Last year I had some financial issues due to medical conditions and was frequently on the eviction list. When my lease renewal came up this year the rental price for my small 2 bedroom apartment went from $880 per month to over $1700 per month. The building isn’t even ADA friendly and there have not been any upgrades to my apartment since I moved in.

In addition, I have been charged an extra water fee, gas fee, and service fee totaling around $50 per month without receiving any written notice about it before hand. These are supposed to be included in my rent.

I was warned about renting from Morgan Properties by my friends, but I did it anyway. Until now, I really didn’t have any major complaints. This seems like a tactic to get the handicapped guy to move jacking my rent up this way.

Furthermore, I sent 2 messages to them from their site asking if this lease option pricing was a mistake and never received any reply from them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Morgan Properties Middle River Apartment Rental.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

My issue was resolved. Kim contacted my leasing office and they worked to correct my the problems.

There was a glitch in the system that caused the rent increase that they resolved and my rent did not increase by much at all.

The charges for the extras were reversed and corrected as well and the shower is now working properly as it should. I am satisfied with the resolution.

UltraWhippet
to Anonymous #1574291

This was my post. I did it before I signed into the site to mark the issue resolved.

kboland
Morgan Properties Verified Representative

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize no one has followed up with you about your lease renewal. Please feel free to reach out to me at kim@morganproperties.com with your name so I can have some reach out to you and address your questions.