1.4

I lived on Nieuw Amsterdam from July 2017 to December 26, 2017. When I was there, I always had credit on the tenant portal.

In November 2017 money was withdrawn from my credit for no reason. I called the attention of the Apartment Management to it. The management told me to talk to Morgan Properties. I called Morgan Properties several times, they never picked my calls and they never returned my calls.

I never got that money and never heard from Morgan Properties.

On December 26, 2017 I moved out of the property. On March 16, 2018 I received a bill (dated February 2, 2017) from a collection agency (via email) telling me that I am owing Nieuw Amsterdam Rent for November 2017. November 2017 rent was due on November 1, 2017. I lived on the property from November 1, 2017 till December 26, 2017 when I moved out.

No one made a claim (verbally or in writing) that I was owing them for anything or for anytime. Now, I am receiving a bill through collection agency. They refused to return my $250 security deposit claiming water bill, damage, and cleaning ($34.43, $8, $40 & $160) which should total $242.43. However, their own Math is giving them $282.03 (they want me to pay them extra $32.03).

I have contacted Nieuw Amsterdam in that regard.

Nieuw Amsterdam claims that they do not know about the collection. They referred me to Morgan Properties.

Morgan Properties promised that one of their managers will call me back with information. For more than one month now, as usual, no one has called me back.

Comments

#1519821

I responded to kim@morganproperties.com on June 30, 2018 supplying my name and email address. Characteristic of Morgan Properties, I have not heard or read from anyone till date.

kboland
to Sixtus #1520464
Morgan Properties Verified Representative

I apologize that I have not responded as I was out of the office. Yesterday I did share your review with the site team and they will be following up with you shortly.

kboland
Morgan Properties Verified Representative

Please reach out to me at kim@morganproperties.com with your name and email address and I will have someone reach out to you.