2.1

Recently this year my 4 children and I moved to Newport News to seek a better life for us. Shortly after I lost my state job at the prison because of personal issues and have struggled to pay rent and was almost evicted.

In August I had an appointment in which my Section 8 voucher was ported over to Newport News. Monarch Crossing was not listed and I told the properties listed were the ones that accepted my voucher I was searching for a complex that would prove me. It was not until I had a conversation and told the landlord that I had a voucher that I needed to use and did not no exactly what to do beacause I did not want to or could afford to break my lease. She then told me over the phone they accepted vouchers as I informed her they were not in the list so I was unaware that they took vouchers she said she would jump on that the following business day.

It is now September and my voucher expires in October 23 I am just finding out that the complex will not start a new lease for section 8 to take apply my voucher to a system they have called Rent in Place because the date of inspection is way back in May to which my current lease begins. Housing Authority informed me that landlord all I’ve ehave done the process of voiding out the lease and starting a new one for a tenant because it is a gain for the complex they keep a tenant for a year as the family is secured wit residence. So in my case she explains the complex apparently does not want to deal with me and wants me gone and I’m not understanding why if it’s because I have struggled to pay my rent? If so that is the purpose of the voucher I am not able to afford it at the moment because of not have it a job were I am financially sufficient enough to do so at the moment.

I have been reaching out to corporate all day today in hope for a phone call back with some kind of insight I just don’t believe that a community would just put a family of 5 out with a deadline of using a voucher so close when it’s for sure gain of tendency and a gain for the family to be secured with residence. Please help and respond to my review as soon as possible my court date is on the 11th of October if it does not turn into and eviction date.

Comments

kboland
Morgan Properties Verified Representative

I apologize I just saw your review- have you been able to speak to someone about your concern? If not please contact me at kim@morganproperties.com