Morgan Properties - Disatisfaction Guaranteed!
I have had the most horrific experience with this company.I really hope that Mr.
Morgan himself reads this post so he knows how his residents are treated. My husband and I moved into Elmwood Village on May 1st, 2016. The first month or 2 was OK. The neighborhood seemed a little rough, but I am not one to complain, so I made the best of it.
A couple of months into our lease, 2 young teenage girls move into the apartment above us and that was the beginning of our nightmare. Late night parties, pot smoking, constant banging and moving furniture around on the hardwood floors above our bedroom late at night while we are trying to sleep...We tried to reason with them, but when that failed, we went to the management office. Things would improve for a week or so, then the noise would start again. We then found out that the apartment above us is a "transitional housing" aka halfway house.
No wonder there was always young girls moving in and out. Every time a new one would move in, we would go through the same *** of noise disturbances. Multiple complaints to the management office until they finally just started ignoring us. This is the just the beginning though.
At the end of September, one of these girls above us started her washing machine and left for the night around 11pm. My husband and I awoke to a waterfall in our living room, bathroom, hallway, kitchen...The supply line to the neighbor's washer came unattached and completely flooded our apartment. We called the "emergency maintenance" number, left a message, but no call back. We were desperate, so we called 911.
The policy officer called in the fire department to turn off the electricity to the apartment since we were all standing in a pond of water in our apartment. Finally the emergency maintenance man shows up and was able to get the water turned off above us. We were forced to gather a few belongings and go to the hotel in the middle of the night. We were not upset about that because stuff happens.
We get that, but what happened afterwards is inexcusable. The morning after, my husband went to meet the construction crew that was promised to be there first thing in the morning, and no one showed up. We called and texted the property manager, Alex, as well as the maintenance supervisor, Tom for 5 days before any construction was done on the apartment. No water extraction was EVER done, so the water just sat and soaked into the walls, ceilings, and floors for 5 days in the heat.
Needless to say mold started growing. The contractors started tearing down ceiling and walls on the 6th day after flood occurred. They let it "dry" on its own with no fans for a couple of days, then re-dry walled over it. During this time, the linen closet nor the washer/dryer closet was touched even though this is where most of the water came through.
We insisted that they move out the washer/dryer and of course there was a mold outbreak. My husband came back the next day when the workers were there "cleaning" the mold off the walls with a can of cleaner clearly marked "not recommended for cleaning mold". My husband insisted that this was not acceptable...so they ripped out the ceiling and walls in these areas and re-dry walled the same day without letting it dry inside the walls. So, I'm not sure why we were surprised when we saw mold growing again in the closet 3 weeks later on top of the new dry wall.
We texted Tom, the maintenance supervisor and let him know that mold was growing again because they didn't let the wood dry before they re-dry walled over it, but he just came and wiped down the ceiling and left. He will now not return our calls/texts. We were out of the apartment for over 2 weeks during this ordeal. We had renters insurance, thank God, but it wasn't enough to cover all the extra expenses of hotel/food.
We've been trying to settle this with their "in house" counsel for a month now and she too has stopped returning out calls/texts. She stated that the apartment was not uninhabitable (i've attached pictures to this post, you tell me that this place was habitable) This is the worse customer service I've ever encountered in my life. They treat residents who pay good money to live there like dirt. They are money hungry, unethical, no regard for human life, slumlords!
I'm still in shock and can't believe this is happening to us. And to top it off, we have a new group of halfway house residents partying it up in the apartment above us again. I feel like I'm in ***. I'm depressed, so stressed that I had to go to the doctor to get anti-anxiety medicine, I can't eat, sleep, I'm sick to my stomach.
How can property managers get away with this kind of treatment to their residents. Especially residents who pay $1800+ a month for a dump of an apartment. Unbelievable.
Thank you for reading and I hope I have saved some people the heartache of living in a Morgan Properties apartment.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Rudeness of the staff
- Drug dealers
You May Also Like
- "Terrazas River Park Village now Terrazas Owners LLC is a "Luxury" Rental Community in Miami's River District in a neighborhood also known as Little Havana... I was looking for a..."
- "I have had the most horrific experience with this company. I really hope that Mr. Morgan himself reads this post so he knows how his residents are treated. ..."
- "1,600 rent to live in the ghetto. Don't let them fool you. They show you the 'Model' apt. On the nice side of the property. They will tell you..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "My Name is Maryann I am a real person. I am hear to defend Johnny The Healer! After seeing these horrible lies about Johnny the Healer i had to..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "On 14th November 2016 Elite Phones and Computers collected my Samsung Galaxy note 8 64g tablet by UPS. I was assured that they would be able to replace the motherboard..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."