Resolved
2.3

Update by user Jul 27, 2017

After several days of providing substantial documentation and explanation, property management has agreed to "honor" my request and issue a refund for the reservation fee and another minor fee.

Original review posted by user Jul 25, 2017

I have been applying for numerous communities for several months.I had an account through the rent cafe /Yardi system application prior to applying for a chase lea apartment (which was approved).

When i proceeded to submit the chase lea application from the chase lea website, i was automatically signed into my existing account (which is tied to my primary email address) due to the underlying hosted URL, which immediately redirected me to the rent cafe landing page under my EXISTING account. I did not have the opportunity to acknowledge or accept the policy, that states the apartment hold fee (which is required to be paid in order to submit the application for screening) for the Chase Lea community, as part of the new user registration process. Several days later, upon determining that chase lea did not have a unit available that fit my needs, i requested a refund of the $150 hold fee, And was told it was only refundable within 72 hours of approval (or within x amount of days upon credit denial) per the disclosure notice i "acknowledged". I did not.

I would not have a valid complaint If I had. The SAME rent cafe platform is being used by more than just morgan properties, especially in this area. When your account (email address) is registered to multiple properties using the same 3rd party hosted application provided by Yardi Systems , log in through a separate properties' application site brings you to a home page where all properties are listed alphabetically, regardless of property ownership or management; presumably a situation in which REFUND POLICIES (not to mention amounts) MAY VARY. The fee disclosure notice is only provided upon initial user registration.

To test this theory, AFTER my refund request was denied verbally several times, I walked through the process as a new user with a separate email address and alias. The only place where the refund disclosure is provided is located on the initial the user registration screen; where a registering applicant is required to acknowledge the CHASE LEA/MORGAN PROPERTIES policy before the account can be created or verified.

At NO point once logged in was there any written notice about the refund policy, prior to submitting the mandatory payment for the residential rental application.There is no highlighted, italicized, or otherwise marked and easily-identifyable text, link, file, or ANY kind of indication within the Chase Lea online application that the fees are not refundable after 72 hours.

Review about: Morgan Properties Chase Lea Apartment Rental.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments