1.1

we moved to Briarwood place in September 2016 and barely 3 months, my vehicle was vandalized.laurel police informed us there has been lots of theft and vandalism in Briarwood place and they would investigate.Two days later, a vehicle we recently purchased was towed the same day because we didnt have a parking permit.

we notified the office once we got home that we needed a parking permit and was told they didnt have any and it would be about a week before they got more in. when we realised the car was missing, we went to the leasing office and was told nonchalantly that no cars were towed, the car was stolen and they have nothing to do with it. We had to frantically search the entire parking lot in the December cold with a child, trying to locate the vehicle. with no luck finding it, we decided to call the tow company and was informed the car was towed.

We had to pay $170 to get the car back, and over $300 to fix the broken window of my vandalized vehicle in the same week. when i approached the leasing office with all that has happened, we were told it was not their fault. we live in fear and no peace of mind because we didnt want to go through the stress of moving with a child. So far we have endured coming home in february to an open door, because maintenance left the door unlocked.

Unbearable noise from the neighbors above us, which we noticed the first week we moved in and notified the manager. We sent a recording of loud noises which kept us up every night and was told we needed 3rd party witness by maintenance. when i called maintenance i was told it was not their job. we sent several emails informing the management that if nothing was done, we would terminate our lease but the noise continued.

we suffered sleep deprivation and have had to sleep in hotels to get some sleep. our breaking point is the recent roach infestation which is unhealthy for a child.

we finally had enough and put in our notice to move and got fined $2073.81.because we still have 1 month left on our lease.

Review about: Morgan Properties Apartment Rental.

Monetary Loss: $2073.

Preferred solution: reverse the fine, so we can amicably part ways. we have endured enough already.

I didn't like: Worst rental experience, That i was ignored as a resident and a customer, Roach infestation, Vandalism.

Had an Experience with Morgan Properties?

Comments

kboland
Morgan Properties Verified Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience at Briarwood and I would be happy to review your situation with our site team. Please feel free to reach out to me at kim@morganproperties.com with your name.